*written July 3, 2020*
Welp. It is my 25th Birthday.
Birthdays are either one of two things – an unforgettable day with an exorbitant amount of anticipation leading up to it
a day that’s just a day. It marks a new chapters but not a lot of hub bub happens.
I hate planning a day for myself. I live for surprises and I am pretty sure my love language is through actions and words. (This girl don’t need no expensive gifts, just a planned, happy, little, moment…)
Anyways like many throughout the world, this year’s birthday has been thrown for a loop with the worldwide pandemic. My quarter life day of celebration will always be remembered thanks to a little virus that, unfortunately, means I will be most likely be spending at home without friends a family around. It is OK. But still a little sad.
So today I am going bask in the beauty. I will eat sushi and red velvet cake. I will not work. I will talk to family and friends. Then I will probably end my day eating more cake and watching the new Hamilfilm 🙂 While I wish I could be traveling somewhere or have all of my special people with me, it will still be a special day.
To top it all off I want to list 25 Bucketlist items for this next year of life.
- Go on a solo trip – I know that’s a lot, especially now, but ya girl has that travel bug and cannot wait for the world to be safe again.
- Travel to a new country – I missss international travel. This bucket list item will always be on every list that I create
- Travel to Utah (see friends and family again)
- Apply for Grad School – more on this later…..eeep
- Get in to Grad School – extra eeeeeep
- Pay off my Student Loans (all $12,000 that’s left)
- Make $25 from my own business – I don’t know what this is yet. Is it this blog? Is it music? Something new that I cannot even comprehend?
- Run a half marathon – I am on my way to a 5K…. a half marathon is doable right?
- Lose 25 lbs
- Touch my toes – I have not been able to do this since before puberty. This will change
- Do the splits
- Feel happy being alone – this one is cryptic, but loneliness seems to be a theme that is at the forefront of this new chapter. I want to change that.
- Sing on a stage
- Sing an opera aria and BE PROUD OF IT – believe or not, after years of undergrad training and performances, I have never felt that.
- Arrange a song and have it performed
- Go on a date
- Cook more
- Be more ethical in my purchases (secondhand clothes / clean beauty / locally made)
- Read and write more
- Spend one hour less on my phone each day
- Use essential oils more consistently in my day
- Go to therapy consistently – AKA find a therapist
- Change my perspective of myself – it is currently very degrading and hyper critical. Not okay.
- Depend on and trust myself
- Love more freely
Some things are specific, some are cryptic. Some are silly and some are deeep. But I believe that if I intend on spending the next 365 days of my life with these little goals in my head, they will all happen. I am so grateful for my little day. I am so grateful for my life and I hope to add more to it, be my best self and help others in the process. So here’s to the next chapter in Becca’s life.
And don’t forget : Black Lives Matter / Breonna Taylor was murdered / racism is real / vote / love is love / wear a mask / respect each other/ we can get through this together
Thanks for the Adventure, 25.